Sunday, July 10, 2016

One Week Review

Things I am using constantly:

- pack cover
- pashmina
- arm warmers
- long skirt
- all tops, tights, socks
- double usb charger outlet
- phone camera
- power bank for phone
- HERE Maps
- DEET
- sunscreen
- duct tape
- little water bottle from the airplane
- plastic grocery bags
- safety pins
- Tyvex envelope
- second backpack, BUT only as a pouch for sunscreen/bug spray
- Tiny ziploc for coins
- muscle cream (thanks Jan!!)

Things I was surprised to use more than once already:

- plastic tub and lid (for food)
- spork
- umbrella
- wine sac  ;)
- phone function on phone (Spanish SIM)
- text function on phone (Spanish SIM)
- silk sleep sack
- extra rope
- toilet seat covers

Things I was surprised to have not used yet:

- bedbug stuff (yay!)
- bandaids
- my blue "hot weather" skirt
- rain poncho
- can opener (they all have pull tops!)
- bottle opener
- Tyvex seats/mats (when it's wet it's raining too; when the sun comes out, it's dry!)
- tick remover (yay!)
- Spanish bed pillows
- power bars
- emergency survival bivvy (yay!)

Things I never thought to bring but wished I had:

- electrolyte powder (for water bottle)
- more quick drying socks

4 comments:

  1. Do you ever see a farmacia in any town that might sell electrolyte powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathleen brought a big tub, which is how I know it's awesome!

      Delete
    2. Are you very familiar with the precautions of using this? I researched the cautions of when and how much to use it and which meds, herbals, or supplements, or allergies would cause issues. You probably may already know this because you are a distance walker, but I didn't so ignore if so.
      Love your blog.

      Delete
  2. Of course, if you have allergies to the ingredients, or if they are counterindicated for any medications you take, then use with caution, just like anything else. I've found them to be a boon on my trip, especially in the hot weather and big hills. :)

    ReplyDelete